HBL Pakistan Super League Replacement Draft for the season three went underway at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore today.
A short meeting was held among team owners and PSL management, and three of the franchises Quetta Gladiators, Lahore Qalandars and Karachi Kings replaced a couple of their players who were initially available for the league but pulled out later for either personal reasons or national duties.
PSL 2018 Replacement Draft
Below are the highlights from the Replacement Draft:
– English fast bowler Tymal Mills replaced Mitchell Johnson in Karachi Kings.
– Quetta Gladiators replaced Carlos Brathwaite with Jofra Archer.
– Karachi Kings replaced Luke Wright with Joe Denly.
– Lahore Qalandars replaced Angelo Mathews with Anton Devcich.
– Karachi Kings replaced Colin Munro with Lendl Simmons.
Big all-rounder South African Albie Morkel was added to the Quetta Gladiators squad to replace Jason Roy for first eight PSL matches. Dwayne Smith, on the other hand joined Peshawar Zalmi as cover for Dwayne Bravo. DJ Bravo will be making his way back from rehab.
In the replacement draft, Peshawar Zalmi also picked Liam Dawson. Shakib al Hasan will fly for national duty on 4th March and the exciting English star will take his place in the team.
To find out complete squads of all the six teams. click HERE.